Fast track your home purchase with zero down payment
June 23, 2017
Help Us Give Back With a Holiday Toy Drive
December 8, 2017
Protect yourself from identify theft in the mobile space
October 6, 2016
Protection from identity theft can be a breeze if you know how to take the proper steps. Here's a short checklist of making sure you are protected in the mobile space.
1. Change your passwords often
2. Secure your e-mail and check often
3. Enable remote wipe on your smart phone device in case your phone is lost or stolen
4. Do not auto-save all your passwords to a device (unless your device uses fingerprint authentication for logins)
5. Use pin login or pattern screen locks with a short screen lock time
6. Use App locks to lock certain Apps behind an additional security wall
7. Never access secured data behind an open WiFi connection
8. Use a remote locator and keep your mobile device location turned on to help locate your device if lost
9. Never input your personal or financial account information into a website or email. If in doubt, always go directly to the company’s website. Scammers will take advantage by pretending to be a company and request sensitive information for ‘verification’ purposes, tricking you into giving your information away directly to the scammers.
10. Never let someone use your device you do not trust
If you have any questions about identity theft or you have been a victim in the past, contact Central Sunbelt. Our free financial counseling can provide you with the resources and an action plan to help get back to square one.